Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fight flab fast with DailyHIIT.com

I'm sure we've all felt a little burnt-out by our workouts at one point or another... you know, we're tired from a long day and we still have to hit the gym. So since our mental creativity is lacking, we hop on a treadmill for 30 minutes and call it a day.

But if you roll out the same 30-minute jog every single day, soon your body will acclimate to that challenge and your results will plateau. And we don't want that! We want to get ripped and constantly see new changes. 

You might respond with, "Well, after a long day, I feel like I've hit a creative road block and I just don't have the energy to lay out a different workout for myself each day. It's easier just to get in some cardio and go home."

That's true... I've been there myself. But one day - because I noticed my own body stagnating due to too much repetition at the gym - I hopped online to see if I could find some new moves from fitness professionals that would add some zest to my workout time. I stumbled upon DailyHIIT.com



DailyHIIT.com offers its users a new and fresh workout each day based on the principals of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). These types of workouts offer the maximum strength-building while crushing calories in less time. It includes alternating periods of short, high-intensity anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods... and you will get shredded!

Lisa-Marie Zbozen is the host of many of the videos you'll see and honestly... just seeing what a BEAST she is in each video is incredibly inspiring and really makes me want to down a spinach salad and do some pushups.

The very first video I tried was HIITreps - Click HERE to check it out on their direct website.



Because I don't have weights at my home, I tried it out at the gym. I wrote the moves down on an index card after watching the video a few times and making sure I had the techniques down. If you have a Smartphone, you can also simply pull it up on your phone's internet browser.

I did this workout four times in a row as they suggest, with short resting periods in between each move and it was intense! I hate it when I get out of the gym and I don't really feel like I've been challenged, but after doing this series of weight training, I felt amazing.


It also gives you several options for each workout:


  • You can click the first icon to get a written breakdown of the full workout
  • You can leave a comment on the video
  • You can "Buy BodyRock some coffee," which is a cute way they use to ask for a donation
  • During the video, Lisa-Marie gives tips on proper form for each exercise and also suggests options for beginners/intermediate level and options for those who may not have the exact equipment used in the video
If you still feel like you need some cardio, hop on a treadmill or Stairmaster after you get in your HIIT...  I like doing that, because you can never have too much cardio! :)

So try out DailyHIIT.com. It's like having a trainer on your computer and the workouts are always changing. And what does that mean? Your body will keep changing, too!

- Brittany

~Life in the Fit Lane~

No comments:

Post a Comment