Monday, August 6, 2012

Windy City Live! Week 2

Hello fabulous fitness friends!

<- I was enjoying some strawberry green tea this morning (unsweetened, of course!) at Argo Tea before I headed over to the Windy City Live! studio for our second segment of the LIFFT Booty Camp Challenge.

When I hopped out of my bed promptly at 5:15 a.m., I had a quick flashback to last Monday and remembered the very different way my body felt one week before I took on this challenge... I remember feeling groggy and very weighted that morning. I had snacked a bit too much the night before and just didn't feel very confident about myself, especially considering I was about to appear on a fitness segment that solely revolved around the appearance of my body... the body in which I was not as proud of as I could be.

But fast-forward to this morning and it is a completely different story, indeed! :) Instead of begrudgingly staggering to my feet, I popped right out of bed, feeling refreshed and strong. My new energy has everything to do with the new way I treat my body, even though it has only been a mere week. My regular and vigorous exercise has my body feeling pumped and ready for the day every morning. And the food I'm eating can easily be compared to clean energy fuel... I imagine that my body has transformed from a monster truck, sucking in unclean gas and loudly clanging down the streets, to a shiny new hybrid that functions on the cleanest of energies and demonstrates high performance. I feel great!

Here is a shot of myself and a few of the ladies before we went on air. On today's show, our trainer Kay Yasin did a quick review of the regiment that we've been on for the last week. She talked about our no-sugar, no-dairy, few carb diet based solely on green vegetables and 6 oz of lean meat/day. She also emphasized that this diet plan is not meant to be a lifestyle change... it is only a regiment meant to be used if you only have a few weeks before a big event, such as a wedding or reunion and you need to look good fast!

If you'd like a full explanation of the diet, click here.

What does "DIVA" really mean?

LIFFT Booty Camp DIVA Gwen Amos
One of my fellow LIFFT Booty Camp ladies, Gwen Amos, said something today that really stood out to me and I'd like to share it with all of you. She said, "Ladies, we are DIVAS! We are women who are Disciplined, Intelligent, Vivacious and Always prepared. DIVAS!"

That just stuck with me. The word "diva" does not have to have a negative connotation at all. Being a diva means being strong and sticking to your guns when you really believe in something (disciplined). Being a diva means always trying to learn new things and share that knowledge with others, not because you want to sounds smarter, but because you want to share the wealth (intelligent)! Being a diva means owning every room you walk into, not with a righteous, self-centered attitude, but with a happy and outgoing energy that everyone loves being around (vivacious). And lastly, being a diva means having flexibility when the plan suddenly changes and being able to willingly (with curiosity and excitement) adapt to any situation. (always prepared). So ladies, I am proud to admit that I am a diva in every sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment